Proximity Card Readers
- Because physical contact is not required, proximity card readers can read card data through common building materials like: concrete, brick, stone, drywall, plaster, glass, wood, plastic…in fact, through anything but metal.
- Proximity card readers are maintenance-free. There are no parts to wear out or adjust.
- Passive card technology provides an unlimited number of “card reads” with no battery to wear out.
- Passive cards, unless they are physically abused, will last virtually forever.
- Clamshell, ISO Graphic, and KeyTag type cards are available.
- Read ranges are not absolute and will vary depending on several factors including where the reader is mounted, the mounting surface and product application.
- These card readers output their data in 26-bit Wiegand format.
- Most card readers operate on 5-12 VDC. AVI systems may operate at different voltages.
- These card readers are not designed for stand-alone operation (see 1520/1524 readers) and must be connected to an access controller (DKS 1830 Series systems).