Raise the value of your house and curb appeal with a new garage door!
The garage door is one of the most used entrances in a home and it takes up a large part of the front of your home. Replacing a garage door can raise the value of your home significantly and make it look even more beautiful. Recently, replacing a garage door was rated as one of the top home remodeling jobs that a homeowner ought to do in order to raise the value of their home, and can bring a return on investment as high as 85%! When shopping for a new garage door online or in person, it is imporant to choose one that looks good and is secure and reliable.
Give us a call at 1-747-247-8343 for support or to make a purchase.
What To Consider When Choosing A Garage Door
A garage door can take up as much as 75% of the front of your house, so how good, or how ugly your garage door is could influence up to 75% of what people see when they look at your home.
A new garage door can increase the value of your home by up to 4%. So spending a little extra on your new garage door can pay off by how much it increases the value of your home.
Energy efficient garage doors can help to lower the cost of your monthly bills as they require less energy to operate. In addition, they also are quieter, and can provide increased durability.
Garage Door Styles
At BD Garage Door & Gate Supplies, we carry a wide variety of garage door styles that can match any style of home.
Classic Garage Doors
- Offered in a variety of colors.
- Multiple insulation options.
- Customizable with windows, handles, and other hardware.
- Most economical choice.
Carriage Style Garage Doors
- Resemble historic carriage house garage doors.
- Add a distinguised look to any home.
- Offer a single panel look and sectional functionality.
- Come in a range of materials.
Garage Door Insulation Options
Insulated garage doors are a great option to lower your house’s power bill. The insulation helps to prevent the cold or hot weather outside from getting in, and keeps the a/c or heat running in your house, in your house. Insulation is a must if you plan on utilizing your garage as a bonus room, workshop, or anything else where you will be spending significant time in there.
Garage door insulation can also aid in reducing the noise your garage door operator makes when it is in use.
Insulated garage doors are composed of an insulated core with an external cover. Typical materials include polystyrene insulation and steel covers, but there are several other options.
At BD Garage Door & Gate Supplies, we carry several models of garage doors that offer different amounts of insulation. The amount of insulation in a garage is rated by an R-Value. The higher R-Value, the more insulation the garage door has. The R-Value is based upon the insulation’s ability to resist the flow of heat.
Garage Door Springs and Installation Options
Garage door installation is done in different ways depending on the springs that it is installed with. It is possible to install a garage door on your own, but this is generally discouraged and ought to be left for the professionals to handle. BD Garage Door & Gate Supplies offers garage door installation service for our customers who purcace garage doors through us.
- Torsion Springs are the most common springs installed with a residential garage door. They are able to hold more wight than extension springs, can have mulitples of them installed to support even more wight, and are instaled to the metal axel above the garage door.
- EZ-Set Torsion Springs are simialr to regular torsion springs. The difference is that these are easier to install because they do not need to be manually tightened like regular torsion springs.
- Extension Springs are garage door springs that stretch on either side of the garage door to help offset the weight of the door. If you are using extension springs with your garage door install, it is reccomended that you look for ones that have saftey cables to prevent injury if the spring ends up snapping.